Thursday, July 19, 2012

Why most project or home studios fall short.

The title of this blog isn't a slam against home studios, it's more of an observation. Before I had an opportunity to open the doors to my own studio, I started at home. I struggled with microphone placement, general eq'ing, compression, acoustics, mixing.......I could go on but I think you get the picture. My goal was to gain an understanding of ever dynamic I would face in a real, professional studio environment. However, I think most of today's home studios rely heavily on loops or pre-mixed sampled material. And, in doing so, never gain a full undertstanding of engineering and their environment. Yes, it takes thousands of hours to get a handle on most aspects of recording but the end result will give you the tools to become a better engineer.

Chris and Kevin
Digital Street Studio
and Media Productions
Dover, Delaware

No comments:

Post a Comment