Thursday, March 15, 2012

What's does the future have in store for music?

What's does the future have in store for music?....The past of course. Maybe this is wishful thinking on my part but I really think you will see the return of retro sound. We're starting to hear it from the musicans themselves and from folks in the industry. I think we've reached a threshold where music is sounding lifeless and a lot of that is compression related. Also, I think bands and artist's alike want to be able to perform what they have recorded. Furthermore, don't be suprised to see the resurrection of vinyl. Yes, I said vinyl. More bands are starting to have limited runs made due to an increased demand. That tells me that change is coming. Now, will it be the 70's all over again, who know's? One thing is for certain, we've reached a turning point. Hope to see you soon in the studio.

Chris and Kevin
Digtal Street Studio
Dover, Delaware

No comments:

Post a Comment