Monday, January 30, 2012

"I want my music to sound like what I hear on the radio"

"I want my music to sound like what I hear on the radio". We hear this alot at Digital Street Studio. Our job is to make that happen. However, before we get started, we need to establish your budget. Your budget is going to be the determining factor to reach that level. It takes time to engineer, produce, and master to industry standards. Unfortunatley, time = money. What you hear on the radio and on most commercial cd's has thousands of dollars invested. Just on a local level, it is not unheard of to spend 5, 10 or even $15,000  recording a full length cd. "Why does it cost so much"? Perfection! The music industry (Big Labels) will not touch your music if it is not to their standards. Well, let's face it, no one is perfect. So in order to acheive perfection, we start looking at everything with a fine tooth comb. Drums, tempo, and fills. Vocals, pitch, and phrasing. Guitars, rythym, leads.... EVERYTHING! And that's just the beginning. My point...look at your budget and set a realistic goal. Determine what you want to acheive or who you're trying to reach with your music. Sometimes a fully produced 3 song demo speaks more volumes than a full length demo quality cd. Hope this information helps?

Chris and Kevin
Digital Street Studio
Dover, Delaware

No comments:

Post a Comment