Thursday, December 29, 2011

Digital Street Studio - Slave to the audio

Slave to the audio.....what does that mean exactly? For me, it means that audio (music to be exact) has been my addiction. Ever since I could remember I have loved music. All genres.....for the most part. I didn't realize it at the time but I also enjoyed the dynamics or music. For most of us, we listen to music because it can be relaxing or exciting or even enlightning. We close our eyes and we're off on a journey. If we're listening to music while we're driving.....don't close your eyes! You get the point. Music is part of our life. I couldn't imagine music not being part of my mine. Probably explains why I'm an engineer and producer of music. Not only do I record my own music, I get to participate in helping others do the same. Taking a song from a raw concept and adding all of the piece's to make it come to life. I'll never forget listening to my first Pink Floyd album and thinking....how did they do that? Well, I have a much better understanding of that today. After thousands of hours experimenting, researching, and just gaining a better understanding of recording audio. I look back at all of the time spent becoming an audio engineer. Getting out of bed at 3am, experimenting with frequencies, compression, panning. Seeing the sun coming up thinking I just spent the last 3 hours chasing my tail......or so I thought. Then it happens, all of the time and hard work start to pay off. Songs begin to sound professional, radio ready. I can't tell you how excited I was when I began to see the light at the end of the tunnel. All of the hard work finally paying off.  Would I do it all over again? Spend the ridiculous amount of money on equipment, the ridiculous amount of time and energy?.......absolutely, and without question. That is why I am slave to the audio.

Chris
http://www.digitalstreetstudio.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment